Cybersecurity refers to the use of network architecture, software, and other technologies to protect organizations and individuals from cyber-attacks. The objective of cybersecurity is to prevent or mitigate harm to—or destruction of—computer networks, applications, devices, and data.
A data breach can have a variety of devastating consequences for any business. It can unravel a company’s reputation through the loss of consumer and partner trust. The loss of critical data, like source files or property, can cost a corporation its competitive advantage. Going further, a knowledge breach can impact corporate revenues thanks to non-compliance with data protection regulations. It’s estimated that, on average, a knowledge breach costs an affected organization $8.64million. With high-profile data breaches making media headlines, it’s essential that organizations adopt and implement a robust cybersecurity approach.
This is where Micronova comes into play. We provide a top-notch service where we understand our client’s pain points & come up with a strategic approach to tackle your cyber-attacks. There are different modes where a hacker could hack into the system and breach your IT policies.
Here are common types of Cybersecurity–
- Network Security shields network traffic by controlling incoming and outgoing connections to prevent threats from entering or spreading onto the network.
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP) protects data by focusing on the location, classification and monitoring of the vital information that transacts on the motion.
- Cloud Security entails in providing protection for data used in cloud-based services and applications.
- Identity and Access Management (IAM) using authentication services to limit and track employee access to guard internal systems from malicious threats.
- Encryption is the process of encoding data to render it unintelligible and is typically used to prevent theft in transit. This feature helps packets to be transferred safely without any worries.
- Antivirus/anti-malware solutions scan computer systems for known threats. Modern solutions are able to detect previously unknown threats supporting their behavior.
- Wireless Security is the prevention of unauthorized access or damage to computers or data using wireless networks, which include Wi-Fi networks. The most common type is Wi-Fi security, which includes Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) and Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA).
- Gateway Level Perimeter (also called Perimeter security) is a network security paradigm that involves various solutions that filter unwanted software/malware at the point of entry in the network itself.
Security breaches and threats can affect nearly any system including:
- Communication — phone calls, emails, text messages, and messaging apps can all be used for cyberattacks
- Finance — naturally, financial institutions are a primary target for attackers, and any organization processing or dealing with bank or credit card information are at risk
- Governments — government institutions are commonly targeted by cybercriminals, who may be after private citizen information or confidential public data
- Transportation — connected cars, traffic control systems and smart road infrastructure are all at risk of cyber threats
- Healthcare — anything from medical records at a local clinic to critical care systems at a national hospital are vulnerable to attack
- Education — Educational institutions, their confidential research data, and information they hold about students or staff are at risk of attack.
One of India’s online grocery e-commerce websites Big Basket had suffered a huge loss in the month of October 2020 where they were compromised by a data leak of 20 million users that were sold into the dark web for a mere $40,00. According to cybersecurity firm Cyble they were the first to make the news public. Despite the user details leakage the company claims to have shared that the consumer financial data has been safe but this brings a lot of questions on security in light. There have been more cases in 2020 like on India’s snack manufacturer Haldiram, wedmegood which is an online portal for wedding planning and IRCTC was a fish caught in the hook of a cybersecurity attack. So this puts up a lot of questions on security in details & what measures should one take to prevent such major catastrophe (News Source: Indian Express)
Our solutions differ from each and every client partnered with. Being able to understand and strategize a solution that is just suited to you is where we stand at the top. Here at Micronova, we do rigorous testing so that your data is safe & unharmed from any common practice of cyber-attacks. Our skilled engineers are here for you on 24*7 support.
Our solution offerings to you:
- Our IT Security Officer Services is the solution for organizations with data security obligations who do not require a full-time Chief Security & Privacy Officer on staff. Tailored to suit one’s requirements and augmenting the entire organizational operations with additional experience.
The Chief Security & Information Assurance Officer solution is a team of certified and highly skilled experts who specialize & consult in Cyber Security as a service to the organization. There are several benefits with this approach that offers all traditional Chief Security & Privacy Officers.
The Chief Security and knowledge Assurance Officer solutions
Security Gap Analysis
Intrusion Detection / Prevention
Policy Review and Development
Business Continuity Planning
Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
IT Security Audit & Assessment
Micronova is your Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for designing and deploying your multi-vendor security infrastructure, and for delivering and managing your support and maintenance contracts.
VAPT ( Vulnerability Assessment & Penetration Testing)
Vulnerability testing is a term to describe the security testing that is designed to identify & help address any cyber vulnerable attacks. VA ( Vulnerability Assessment ) could include anything from automated vulnerability assessments to human-led pen-testing.
Penetration Testing exploits the vulnerabilities during a system to work out whether unauthorized access or other malicious activity is feasible and identify which flaws pose a threat to the application. A penetration test is supposed to find out how damaging a flaw might be during a real attack instead of finding every flaw during a system.
Endpoint Security (EPS)
With the increase in the threat of ransomware, the endpoint security suite displays cutting-edge protection for your network and connected devices. Here at Micronova we focus on data security and provide businesses with the right tools to ensure data protection for a secured enterprise. From detection scans to asset management, our End Point Security solution ensures complete network protection to tackle any form of cyber threats.
Gateway Level Security
A Secure Web gateway is also known as the “Perimeter Security’ solution that helps in preventing unsecured & unreliable sources from entering an internal network of an organization.
It is mainly used by enterprises to protect their employees/users from accessing and being infected by malicious Web traffic, websites and virus/malware. It provides a detailed set of security features in a single appliance managed through a single console and integrates multiple security features including Firewall, VPN, Anti-Virus, Anti-Malware & Anti-Spyware, Web Filtering, Web Application Firewall (WAF), Bandwidth Management, load balancing and multiple ISP link management.
UTM (Unified Threat Management), a component feature of Gateway Level Security, is your one-stop solution for your enterprise security. It is the first line of defense for your network so that it is secure and ensures your employees can focus solely on productivity and business impact. Micronova UTM is ideal for small-sized companies & mid-sized enterprises to prevent any cyber-attacks. Our UTM security device is an all-rounder composed of the right tools including a UTM firewall and high-grade Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS).
A web browser is nothing more than the interface that employees use to access cloud-based work applications. This makes applications easily accessible from any system over a network or the internet itself as they do present a set of security challenges. If so users visit such sites that are infected with malware that could make systems vulnerable to any cyber-attacks.
The most common web security tool is the web filter, which helps to control the access to websites and blocks are known malware files that could cause a threat to any vital information.
A more advanced type of web security is the web gateway. This approach provides more sophisticated features, such as behavioral analysis to detect zero-day malware, or in-depth SSL inspection to identify encrypted threats.
Threat, or exploit, prevention focuses on detecting and blocking advanced exploits against the browser.
Email security is a term for describing different types of techniques for protecting email accounts, content, and communication against unauthorized access from either external or internal threats. Email is often used to spread malware, spam and phishing attacks
Cybersecurity is constantly progressing
Traditional cybersecurity is centered around the implementation of defensive measures around an outlined perimeter. Recent enablement initiatives like remote workers and convey Your Own Device policies have dissolved the perimeter, reduced visibility into cyber activity, and expanded the attack surface.
Today, breaches are increasing at a rapid pace despite record levels of security spending. Global organizations are turning to human-centric cybersecurity, a replacement approach that places specialize in changes in user behavior rather than an exponential number of growing threats. Founded on behavior analytics, human-centric cybersecurity provides insight into how an end-user interacts with data and extends security controls into all the systems where data resides, albeit not exclusively controlled by the organization. Ultimately, this approach is designed to identify behavioral anomalies so as to surface and prioritize the most serious threats, reducing investigation and threat detection times.
To explore our service offerings, visit our website www.micronova.in. For queries, drop us a mail at email@example.com or you can call us on +91 8147090124.