Micronova Data Centre was established as an enabler for the business community by providing a reliable, well networked and well-managed carrier-neutral Data Centre Infrastructure Services in Bangalore Central District i.e. 3km from City Railway Station 35km from Bangalore International Airport. The various Benefits of Data Centre is significant in the growth of businesses.
What is a Data CenterIn simple terms, a Data Centre is a physical location with facilities that businesses can use to store their most critical data and applications. Data Centre is designed based on a networking of computing storage resources that allows the delivery of data and shared applications. The key components of a Data Centre design include routers, switches, firewalls, storage systems, servers, and application delivery controllers.
Why are Data Centres so important to business?In the world of enterprise IT, data centers are designed to support business applications and activities that include:
- Email and file sharing
- Productivity applications
- Customer relationship management (CRM)
- Enterprise resource planning (ERP) and databases
- Big data, artificial intelligence, and machine learning
- Virtual desktops, communications and collaboration services
The components of a Data Centre.Components of the Data Centre design include switches, firewalls, routers, storage systems, application delivery controllers, and servers. These components not only store and manage the critical information of any businesses but they also are encrypted in compliance with the security standards. They also provide:
- Infrastructure for Network: Physical and Virtualized server, storage facilities, data centre services are connected with the help of this infrastructure along with the external connectivity provided to the locations of end-users.
- Storage Infrastructure: Modern Data Centres are fuelled with critical business data. The storage system houses all these critical data.
- Computing Resources. We can call applications as the engines of the Data Centre. They are designed to provide memory, local storage, processing, and network connectivity to drive applications.
How Does a Data Centre Function?Typically, Data Centre services are implemented to safeguard the performance and integrity of core data center components.
- Network Security Appliance: In order to safeguard the Data Centre, Network Security Appliances include firewall and intrusion protection.
- Application Delivery Assurance: These mechanisms provide application resilience and availability through automatic failover and load balancing to maintain application performance.
What exactly is in a Data Centre facility?The components of a Data Centre require extensive infrastructure to assist the centres software as well as hardware. Various components include UPS/ Power Backup batteries, Power Subsystems, Cooling systems, Fire Suppressions, Backup Generators, Ventilation, and connections to External Networks.
The Different Types of Data Centres.There are many different types of data centers and service models. Their classification depends on whether they are operated by one or more companies, how they fit (if they fit) into the topology of other data centers, what computing and storage systems they use, and also their energy efficiencies are considered.
The Four Main Types of Data Centres:
Enterprise data centersThese are built, owned, and operated by enterprises/organizations and optimized for end-users. They are most often housed on the enterprise campus.
Managed services data centersSuch data centers are operated on behalf of a client/ business by a third party (also called as Managed Service Provider- MSP). Instead of buying it, the company leases the equipment and infrastructure.
Colocation Data CentresA business leases space inside a data center owned by others and situated off company premises in colocation (“colo”) data centres. The colocation data centre houses the infrastructure: building, cooling, bandwidth, security, etc., while the company provides and maintains the components, including servers, storage, and firewalls.
Cloud Data CentersA Cloud Data Centre is off-premises, meaning it is not physically located in a particular organization’s office. Instead, it is all stored online. When the data is stored on these servers, it automatically gets fragmented and duplicated for secure storage across multiple locations. Micronova offers cloud storage facilities for allowing your data to be accessed from any place.
The various other services offered by Micronova’s Data Centre include:
- Web Hosting Services
- Co-location Services – Shared and Dedicated Hosting
- Mailing Services
- Cloud Services